What is Pyromaniac?
RISC OS Pyromaniac is an alternative implementation of RISC OS for non-ARM systems. It provides a semi-hosting system within which RISC OS binaries (utility, absolute, and modules) may be loaded and run, within an operating system environment which matches RISC OS Classic very closely.
RISC OS Pyromaniac is:
- A command line and graphical version of RISC OS.
- A RISC OS which runs 32bit ARM binaries, on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
- A reimplementation, which uses none of the code that went before.
- Focused on being able to test software and diagnose issues more easily.
A presentation about RISC OS Pyromaniac was given to the RISC OS User Group Of London in November 2020, and can be found on YouTube.
- About Root index page for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Article (2022) Article about the work on RISC OS Pyromaniac in 2022.
- Presentation (2021) Presentation and slides from the ROUGOL talk describing the work on RISC OS Pyromaniac in 2021.
- Presentation (2020) Presentation and slides from the original ROUGOL talk about Building for RISC OS online, which introduced RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Technologies Technologies that were used, or which were developed for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Resources Example code and documentation for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- CI Examples Example open source projects using the RISC OS build system for their testing.
- Examples Example screenshots and videos of RISC OS Pyromaniac in use created during the development of Pyromaniac.
- Statistics Some statistics on RISC OS Pyromaniac and related projects.
- Docs- ReadMe The 'ReadMe' documentation from RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- Features Feature documentation from RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- Tracing Documentation on tracing within RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- Configuration Configuration for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- Configuration Options Configuration options for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- Change Log Change Log for RISC OS Pyromaniac.
- Docs- PRMs Documentation for RISC OS Pyromaniac APIs.
- Shell Web client to access a RISC OS Pyromaniac shell.
Where to find it?
Pyromaniac is not currently distributed.
A demonstration shell server can be found at shell.riscos.online.
It powers the RISC OS build server (previously known as JFPatch-as-a-service).